The Slice of Shoreview Days parade will be on Saturday, July 28, 2018. It is a great way to promote your business among those most likely to do business with you. It’s easy, it’s fun, it’s short, and it could be profitable for you.
Parade lineup begins at 9:00 am. Parade lineup will be in the parking lot of Lutheran Church of the Resurrection at Victoria Street and County Rd D. Parking is extremely limited in the lineup area; participants must park non-parade vehicles in the Deluxe Corporation parking lot across from Island Lake County Park and take the shuttle bus to the lineup area.
Parade begins at Victoria Street and County Road D and goes North to Island Lake Park. The parade ends at the entrance to Island Lake County Park and all parade applicants are routed eastward through the Deluxe Corporation parking lot to unload.
On parade day, all roads that meet Victoria Street from Brenner on the south to the Park entrance on the north will be closed to all traffic turning onto or crossing Victoria Street, beginning at 9:45 am and through the end of the parade – approximately 11:00 am. Parade participants must park at Deluxe Corp, across from the Park, and take the free shuttle buses to the parade start. Shuttle buses will run from 8:30 to 9:40 am, picking up at the southwest corner of the Deluxe parking lot and proceeding to Resurrection Church in a continuous loop.
Application and Permit
To participate in the Slice of Shoreview parade, you must submit an application and parade fee, if applicable. Upon acceptance of your application and receipt of your parade fee, you will be issued a Slice of Shoreview Days Parade Permit, which must be displayed during the parade lineup. Non-permitted entries will be excluded from participation in the parade.
The parade fee for 2018 is $100 and must be received by the application deadline, July 1st, 2018. An additional $25 will be due for all parade fees received after the deadline. All funds must be payable to the City of Shoreview. The money goes to fund the cost of producing the parade, signs, postage and for some of the bands and clown clubs to appear. Parade fees are refundable only if written notice is given by the parade entrant 30 days prior to the event. Click here to pay online. When paying online, please remember to also submit a parade application.
Parade Fee Exemption
The parade fee applies to all parade participants unless one or more of the following conditions apply. Please indicate which applies to you or your organization:
- Your organization is a certified 501(c) nonprofit with a Minnesota nonprofit ID number. You must include your number with your application
- You are an elected City of Shoreview official, currently in office
- Your unit represents the Ramsey County Sheriff’s Department or the Lake Johanna Fire Department
- You are a Diamond, Platinum or Gold Sponsor of Slice of Shoreview Days 2018
- You have a written invitation to be a guest in the 2018 Slice of Shoreview Days Parade
- You are the Grand Marshal of the parade
- Participants must be in their assigned spaces in the lineup 30 minutes prior to the parade start time.
- A current Parade Permit, issued by the Slice of Shoreview Days Parade Committee, must be displayed during the lineup. Non-permitted entrants will be excluded.
- Each entry must fit entirely in the space allotted during lineup.
- Non-parade parking is prohibited in the parade lineup area.
- Alcohol is prohibited in the parade lineup area, during the parade itself and at the parade drop-off area.
- All displays, decorations, music and language must be suitable for a family audience. The Slice of Shoreview Days
- Committee reserves the right to refuse participation by an entrant who, in the judgment of the Committee, does not adhere to this criteria. Committee decisions are final.
- No items may be thrown from the parade units, please hand items out at the curb.
- Please keep the pace even, maintain about 30 feet between each unit in the parade.
- Please pull off to the right side of the road for emergency vehicles.
- Each unit should have a fire extinguisher on board.
Above all have a wonderful time and enjoy the parade!
Parade Order and Lineup Information
After your parade entry has been approved, it will be listed in the parade lineup on the Slice of Shoreview Days website. The Parade Committee will make every effort to accommodate requests for special parade positions, however, the Committee reserves the right to determine the order based upon the characteristics of the entrants and best overall flow of the parade. The Committee’s decision is final. All parade permits and lineup information will be emailed out after July 15th, 2018.
Send mail correspondence to:
Slice of Shoreview Days Parade
c/o City of Shoreview
4600 Victoria Street North
Shoreview, MN 55126
Application & payment must be received by July 1, 2018
The Slice of Shoreview Days has made a few changes for this year, with a new lineup area. Click here for a sketch of the lineup area. Here is the latest information:
- Parade date is Saturday, July 28, 2018. Lineup starts at 9 am and the parade moves at 10 am.
- The parade route starts at Victoria Street & County Road D and travels North to the entrance of Island Lake County Park. See below for a map of the parade route.
- Parade participants must park at Deluxe Corporation, across from the Park, and take the free shuttle buses to the parade start.
- The parade will be broadcast live on CTN Studios.
- Up-to-the-minute parade information (especially if the weather is a factor) will be available on parade day via the Slice Facebook page.
SEVERE WEATHER POLICY
- The Slice of Shoreview Days Parade Committee plans to proceed with the parade, rain or shine.
- Should inclement weather occur prior to the parade, the Slice of Shoreview Days Committee will determine if it is sufficiently severe to cancel or delay the parade. In these instances, the Committee will post current status to the Slice Facebook page www.facebook.com/SliceofShoreview.
- You may decline to participate when weather threatens to damage uniforms, props or instruments.
- All participants should make provisions for foul weather; registration fees will not be refunded because of parade delay or cancellation due to inclement weather.